Health Care Assistant / Care Giver Job Description
We are a boutique secured dementia facility located in Claudelands Hamilton. We are looking for a healthcare assistant to deliver care to residents who live with dementia.
This role can be either part-time or full-time to cover shifts that can be morning, afternoon or night shifts.
A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature with the belief and ability to give your personal best is essential for this role.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with and support your colleagues
• be responsible for on-going quality care outcomes for all residents in the facility, in line with their individually assessed requirements, and ensuring Health and Disability Service standards and policies and procedures are adhered to.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• At least 1 year experience looking after elderly people (preferably in aged care or a related health environment)
• A good level of fitness • The ability to adapt to change and work efficiently under pressure
• The ability to communicate well with others, older people in particular.
Please apply through this ads.
Please include your referee's contact detail in your CV. We'll ask for your consent before ringing your referee. Thank you. Note: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
Hours of work:
Hours are variable