Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Surface preparation-removing old tiles and grout, cleaning surfaces filling holes and cracks and smoothening surfaces to be able to apply adhesives
2. Appling waterproofing systems to be able to apply adhesive
3. Examining plans, measuring, making surfaces and laying out work.
4. Setting tiles into position
5. Spreading and applying adhesive to tiles and surfaces
6. Use tile cutting tools to cut tiles to requirements around corners or other structures
7. Ensuring tiles are all aligned and correctly positioned
8. Grouting tiles
9. Removing excess grout and cleaning tiled surfaces in order not to leave unwanted marks
10. Create patterns or arrangements as instructed
11. May have to work with slate, marble or terrazzo where required by the project
12. Concreting walls and floors and sand cement plastering to uneven floor and send cement plastering to finish exterior wall or as surface preparation work for wall tilling.
What we expect about you:
Applicants for this position should be NZ permanent resident or NZ citizen.
At least 3 years’ tiling experience.
Be physically fit and capable of lifting tiles in a fast paced environment. Have NZ driver license.
Hours of work:
$25.00 - $30.00 per hour