The role is hugely instrumental in helping the Account's Manager.
An Assistant Accountant job description generally includes:
• Processing of all invoices, received via mail and electronic message, are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
• Dealing with documentation related to accounts payable and receivable report summarizing expenditure and receipts.
• Ensuring the internal process and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Providing professional service to all customers externally and internally.
• Receipting and processing of all correspondence and ensuring all paperwork is filed appropriately.
An Assistant Accountant job description should also highlight the following skills.
• The ability to produce accurate financial reports
• Excellent attention to detail
• Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
• The ability to work to strict time constraints
• The ability to prioritise work
• An organised and methodical approach to a task
• Have experience using XERO or similar online financial management system
An Assistant Accountant is unlikely to be expected to have a huge amount of experience and is likely to get a lot of on-the-job training. Employer Contact Instructions This role is suitable for a student on their last year of their Bachelor’s degree looking to gain work experience may be advantageous in helping candidates secure a career in accounting or finance, of which an Assistant Accountant is generally the first step. Degrees in the following industries may work especially in jobseekers' advantage:
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $30.00 per hour