Job Description Position Description & Responsibilities
As an independent telecommunications supplier for 25 years , Wai-com Ltd have a wide range and scale of projects that offer interesting and varied positions for employees.
Wai-com Ltd have immediate positions available for an experienced telecommunications technician in the Wairarapa & Wellington regions. Position available for current Lead Technicians and/or team member who aspire to progressing into a role as a lead technician, and telecommunications technicians who have the relevant knowledge and skills to delivery Wai-com services to an existing customer base. Successful candidate will be responsible for installing fibre connections to homes and business premises across this region on behalf of Chorus, whilst also supporting our existing client portfolio with wi-fi, cctv, ip pabx and structured cabling solutions. Customer services and best in market is our strategy, successful candidate will be required to deliver our strategy and hit the ground running.
• Qualification in Computing/Networking/Information Technology/Electrical or Telecommunications • Minimum of 2 year relevant experience as Technician in the ICT/Telecommunications industry
• Full Driver’s License • Clean Police Clearance Record
• WTC1, WTC3, First Aid, STMS1, Site Safe • Strong communication skills - orally and written
• Be fit and healthy
• The Health, Safety and Well-being of our staff and those we work around is of utmost importance to us and a key element of this role, the ability to display this on a daily, ongoing basis is essential. Job Responsibilities:
• Assess locations specified for installation of networking equipment
• UFB (Ultra-Fast Broadband) Network infrastructure design for business and residential customers as per standards.
• Reading site plans, maps and drawings to establish positioning of network. • Installation and Programming ONT (Optical Network Terminal).
• Programming and Configuring SLID (Subscriber Line ID) on ONT (Optical Network Terminal) and running speed tests over fibre.
• Testing fibre-optic connections with the help of fibre inspection kit, power meter and VFL.
• Replacing and repairing faulty telecommunications equipment such as phone jack points and RJ12/45.
• Coordinate with service providers to analyse and troubleshoot faults.
• Calibrating telecommunication tools and testing equipment.
• Testing and maintaining aerial and underground telecommunication network cables.
• Install CAT6/5E cable from Fibre Termination Point to the desired location of ONT and RGW.
• Mounting and installation of BUDI, FTP, ONT, and connecting to FAT or CABINET.
• Set-up Local Area Networks (LAN) and configuring customers site equipment to specification.
• Configuring and resolving Residential Gateways (RGW) issues.
• Design , Installation and commissioning of CCTV & IP Pabx solutions
• Installation of Routers, Servers, FTP, and other appliances for computer networks.
• Configuration of customer-owned computers for internet and Wi-Fi access.
• Setup and configure computer networks including LAN and Wi-Fi under Windows and MAC environment using Routers, Modems, and Gateways.
• Setup IP address (TCP/IP) manually, changing the DNS settings, network setting, wireless setting on modem, and resolving wireless connectivity issues.
• Troubleshoot all network technology related problems. As the markets develop into post covid activities and operations , our business will expand also .
Applicants are requested to be experienced in the majority of the tasks within the position description , in order to hit the ground running. Thank you.
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $40.00 per hour