Viticultural Senior Supervisor/Block Manager
A vacancy exists for a Senior Supervisor/Block Manager. As a “Senior Supervisor” you are expected to lead by example in all areas of vineyard work with regard to knowledge, applied knowledge, application and work ethic.
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
• the day-to-day organization of a group of workers.
• Accurate timesheet record keeping for yourself and your workers
• Providing training as needed to upskill workers.
• Undertaking other tasks such as bunch counts, bunch weights, vineyard monitoring, irrigation monitoring and maintenance.
• You may be responsible for frost fighting operations
• You may be responsible for keeping vineyard records, such as irrigation and spray diaries
Applicants must have previous supervisory experience, ideally in a vineyard environment. A sound knowledge of both conventional and organic systems will be an advantage as you will work with both.
An attractive remuneration package will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $150.00+ per hour