PROJECT MANAGER ROLE
Upper Taieri Wai Incorporated has an exciting contract available for a Project Manager to manage an environmental enhancement project 'Maniototo Tiaki.
Upper Taieri Wai Incorporated is a community catchment group based in the Maniototo Plain, Central Otago consisting of community members and stakeholder groups aiming to promote good farming practices and sustainable land management in our catchment area. The PM contractor will report to the Maniototo Tiaki executive committee.
This role involves the application of sound project management skills, practical and people skills and an understanding of ecological systems.
The successful applicant will work with the wider project team to develop and implement the project plan. This work will be based in the Upper Taieri River Catchment over a fixed term of 5 years, although this role could potentially be based in the wider Otago region.
Key tasks and duties:
• Plan and implement a catchment management and freshwater enhancement plan
• Support the development of fencing and planting plans in consultation with the project team
• Support research activities and incorporate results into the freshwater plan as appropriate
• Plan and maintain a safe working environment and ensure workplace health and safety systems are implemented and policies adhered to
• Manage the project budget and contracts alongside admin support
• Provide progress reports and updates against milestones to the Maniototo Tiaki executive committee
• Coordinate and supervise additional project staff, contractors and volunteer labour when as required
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with project partners, stakeholders and community
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• Proven ability in staff management
• Proven ability in project management and planning
• Skills with finances and budgeting and health and safety
• Strong relationship skills in working with others, including a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. community groups, landowners, regional councils), and iwi
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in IT and a variety of communication platforms including social media
• General understanding of farming practices (i.e. grazing management, fencing) is desirable
• Good knowledge and experience of ecology, water quality, restoration principles
• Restoration field skills and experience (i.e. fencing, planting, pest and weed control)
• Full New Zealand drivers licence
• 4WD experience and current first aid certificate are desirable
Applicants for this position should be NZ resident or be available for the duration of the project. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 22nd January.
Hours of work:
Hours are variable
$50.00 - $60.00 per hour