The position includes the following duties and responsibilities, and any duties and responsibilities reasonably incidental to those.
Your key primary responsibilities are:
• Washing work areas, equipment, fireplaces, floors, pots, utensils, dishes and glasses.
• Managing and ensuring all aspects of the kitchen/lodge kitchen maintenance are of a high standard as directed.
• Storing food supplies, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware in refrigerators, cupboards, pantries and other storage areas.
• Prepare and cook food according to the Head chef's instructions
• Order food supplies and maintain cooking equipment
• Supervise the cleaning and the dishwashing as a high standard
• Keep records of supplies and stocks of all breakfasts and rooms consumables.
• Be available and contactable during and after work by cell phone as required to carry out work responsibilities ie confirm breakfast start times.
• Prepare and cook breakfast in accordance with the Chef’s breakfast menu
• Prepare snacks and guests refreshments as and when required
• Be able to talk to clients about the menu intelligently
• Ensuring the setting up and cleaning up of the kitchen is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner.
• Being punctual and reliable in terms of rostered work days and start times.
• Following the head chef’s lead in terms of plating of functions meals.
• Following all procedural requirements for cleaning and maintenance duties.
Hours of work:
$23.00 - $25.00