About the Role:
We are looking for qualified and experienced Telecommunications & Electronic Technician with minimum 12 months experience to join our team. You should have a positive attitude and be willing to learn. You must be mature and responsible when it comes to dealing with tough situations.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
• Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production of electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, instrumentation, electron tubes, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls,
• applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics. • Assembling, installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electronic components and systems.
• Sourcing or fabricating replacement parts for electronic systems.
• Ensuring all power and manual tools are operated in accordance with health and safety regulations.
• Liaising with Supervisors and clients to discuss work schedules and time and material cost estimates.
• Providing training and supervision for new technicians and apprentices.
• Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance and servicing equipment.
• Performing equipment demonstrations and drawing up training manuals wherever required.
• Interpreting drawings, training manuals, and instructions to perform duties.
• Following written, verbal, and telephonic instructions.
• Attending regular training workshops and reporting to the supervisor.
• Read and Design network plans, specifications, and work areas to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed.
• Must have experience on building complex sites and worked on GPON.
• Fibre cable hauling
• PABX systems installations
• CCTV camera setup & writing
• Maintains inventory of cables and stock equipment Including reordering stock equipment and pans
• Possess working knowledge of Telecom systems, TCP/IP networks, CCTV security, PBAX & wireless solutions.
• Other assigned task by employer from time to time.
To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate:
Relevant Qualification and minimum 12 months of relevant work experience
• First Aid
• Working at Height
• STMS NP
• WTC Certificates
• Certificate for Electronic in Engineering
• NZ Class 1 Driver License with R.T.W
You will also need to maintain current knowledge of the COPTTM and any other legislative requirements pertaining to this role. A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organization. You will be working alongside internationally recognized and reputable employers.
Hours of work:
Hours are variable
$25.00 - $30.00 per hour