We need an experienced Store Manager at our Liquor store.
You must have a General Manager certificate and the ability to manage all aspects of the business.
• Ensuring that the business is meeting all Sale and Supply of Liquor Act requirements
• Dealing with suppliers
• Ensuring accurate stock control and that all products are kept in stock as required
• Anticipating requirements and ordering stock for special occasion periods such as Christmas/New Year
• Arranging pricing and promotion of product (within legal limits on promotions)
• Financial administration of the business and responsibility for profitable operation
• Managing, training and supervising staff, ensuring they are familiar with all aspects of their job and carrying out their responsibilities properly
• Hiring new staff if required
• Arranging rosters, approving leave and arranging cover in case of staff absence
• Prepare and Implement purchasing and marketing policies for the store
• Ensuring that store operation is run in accordance with any policies which are required locally
• Ensuring store security and proper training of staff in all health and safety procedure
• You must be able to work late nights and weekends according to a flexible schedule to suit the company roster.
You must also have:
• Relevant tertiary business qualifications of level 5 or 6.
• Previous 3 years’ experience in a Management or Supervisory role in the liquor industry in either a franchised or standalone business.
• A full clean driver’s license
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer, EFTPOS and stock control system skills
• Be reliable, organized and efficient
• An excellent customer focus and high standards
• Ability to maintain retail premises to a high standard.
• Able to pass drug test.
• Have clean police record
Please email your CV with 2 current references email@example.com to apply for the role. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and need to pass drug test NZ and police clearance will be required.
Hours of work:
$25.00 - $27.00