The voco™ Auckland City Centre is finalising construction as Auckland’s newest hotel. With a new and exciting Food & Beverage offering, join us on level 38, take in the panoramic views and sip on cocktails as sophisticated as the Art Deco decor at our glamorous rooftop destination, Bar Albert. At our all-day ground floor trattoria Mozzarella & Co., enjoy a daily à la carte breakfast or something light from a convenient takeaway menu, along with expertly-brewed barista coffee. A delicious array of Italian classics
We’re looking for Casual/Part Time/Full Time Kitchen Stewards, who are efficient and takes pride in their work. We’re after self-confessed perfectionists that love structure and order. In this role communication is key – you’ll be a brilliant communicator with the drive and passion to drive an excellent Food and Beverage offering! Positions will start mid to end of May.
What you'll do
- You’ve got a good eye for detail – our processes are super important in helping us deliver a consistent guest experience.
- You’ll be solely responsible for the set up and pack down of our buffet breakfast and cater for our a la carte menu Health and Safety is a priority for us, so you will be versed in the current Food Safety and Hygiene policy
- You’ll handle all glassware, silverware, crockery, pots, pans and buffet display ware with care and store in a neat and tidy manner - - - You’ll assist fellow team members and carry out any other related duties as directed by Hotel Management You’ll respond quickly and attentively to guest requests and needs, ensuring that our guests have a great experience every time
What you'll bring
- Ideally, you will have previous experience in a similar position.
- Professional and personable, with a “role up the sleeves”, can do attitude
- You make calm, collected decisions – even when the clock is ticking
- As this is an active role, there is repetitive lifting, bending, walking, standing for prolonged periods - physical fitness is a requirement
- You must meet the appropriate legal requirements to work in New Zealand.
This is a highly rewarding and exciting role, offering great career potential and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of industry professionals and an amazing well-established global brand. If this sounds like the perfect move for you, come, join us.
At Pro-Invest Hotels we invite applications from all within the communities we operate in alignment with our commitment to diversity & inclusion and indeed to celebrate our values of Trust, Transparency, Integrity & Commitment.
Full Time, Part Time, Contract/Temp, Casual, Permanent
Hours of work:
Hours are variable