A vacancy exists for an Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Installer.
Great Wall Air Solutions is a successful New Zealand owned company within the HVAC industry (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning). We are a diverse tight knit team and we are looking more staff to join us as our business grows (within Wellington and Palmerston North).
‘Great Wall’ is our motto for delivering HVAC systems with a strong, long quality of life. We are looking for candidates with varying levels of experience.
While this position will be supervised, we are looking for self-motivated individuals who can:
• Install ducting, pipe services and systems • Work with all levels of the team to achieve the best results • Work safely and independently
• Maintain positive work relationships with clients, contractors and company personnel • 6 months – 5 years prior experience
• A good eye for detail combined with the ability to problem-solve, use initiative and display sound judgement
• A can-do attitude, flexible and mature approach to tasks and a willingness to learn • Able to handle multiple tasks effectively and remain calm under pressure
• Good communication skills – both verbal and written
• Can maintain a high level of output
Ideally you will:
• Be familiar with/and understand mechanical site plans & diagrams
• Have previous experience of delivering high standard of workmanship and service
• Be prepared to work hard to get the job done which means being available to work evenings and weekends from time to time
• Have your own car or reliable form of transport to get to and from site
• Be happy to change your work location between Wellington and Palmerston North from time to time to help with peak workload requirements (accommodation / transport arrangements will be made during these times). We offer a positive working environment, remuneration aligned to qualifications and / or experience, uniform, site training and we will look to offer more development opportunities as the company grows.
If you are looking for a role that will reward you for hard work with future development opportunities then apply now.
To show your attention to detail, please include an application cover letter telling us why you are interested in this role and what motivates you at work. Also let us know whether you would be available to work weekends and evenings and what your notice period is if you are currently employed.
Applicants please note: as this position requires experience a job test will be conducted as part of the interview / selection process.
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $25.00 per hour