Great Wall Air Solutions is a successful New Zealand owned company within the HVAC industry (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning). We are a diverse tight knit team and we are looking more staff to join us as our business grows (within Wellington and Palmerston North).
‘Great Wall’ is our motto for delivering HVAC systems with a strong, long quality of life.
While this position will be supervised, we are looking for a self-motivated individual who can:
• Install all types of HVAC equipment including replacement of existing, remodel and new installations in a commercial or industrial environment • Assist with installs and modify duct systems, piping systems, and other HVAC related components
• Experienced welder including cooper and steel pipes plus fabrication
• Have a few years’ experience with pipe installations with various forms of welding and fabrication
• Help fabricate, assemble, install, and repair all types of HVAC-related materials and equipment
• Communicate and work alongside customers and other construction trades
• Assist inspecting jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
• Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials
• Work safely and independently Ideally you will:
• Be familiar with/and understand mechanical site plans & diagrams
• Have previous experience of delivering high standard of workmanship and service
• Be able to work unsupervised and in a safe manner at all times
• Be prepared to work hard to get the job done which means being available to work evenings and weekends from time to time
• Have your own car or reliable form of transport to get to and from site (however other arrangements may be able to be arranged depending on other team members who live around your area)
• Be happy to change your work location between Wellington and Palmerston North occasionally to help with peak workload requirements (accommodation + transport would be supplied).
We offer a positive working environment, remuneration aligned to qualifications and / or experience, uniform, site training and we will look to offer more development opportunities as the company grows.
If you are looking for a role that will reward you for hard work with future development opportunities then apply now
To show case your attention to detail, please include an application cover letter telling us why you are interested in this role and what motivates you at work. Also let us know whether you would be available to work weekends and evenings.
Applicants please note: as this position requires experience a job test will be conducted as part of the interview / selection process.
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $35.00 per hour