Global Bus Ventures is looking for enthusiastic and experienced people to join our team as an Engineering Worker.
We have multiple positions available for full time work in our Rolleston based modern bus manufacturing plant producing high quality, world class buses and coaches.
As an Engineering Worker you will be responsible for:
• Fitting of all new parts to busses and testing under supervision off the engineering manager.
• To assist with welding parts onto vehicle.
• To cut steel to length as per plan.
• Studying blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements.
• Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments.
• To read plans and build as per specs.
• To be involved in other projects as advised by the Engineering manager and other senior management.
• Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting riveting.
• Carry out other duties as directed
We are looking for someone who can:
• Work as part of a team.
• Complete tasks accurately and on time
• Maintain a healthy and safe environment, giving consideration to your actions and your fellow workers.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping to ensure your department is safe, clean and tidy at all times.
Ideally we are looking for someone with proven experience in a relevant trade.
For the right candidate we offer on-going training, a clean and tidy workshop, friendly work environment and a great team of skilled, experienced and like-minded people to work with.
Due to current border restrictions, to apply for this vacancy you MUST either currently have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Full Time, Contract/Temp
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $25.00 per hour