Global Bus Ventures NZ Limited is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person to fill the position of Coach building assistant. You would be working in in a modern purpose built bus manufacturing plant with the rest of our team to produce high quality, world class buses and coaches.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, a high level of focus on detail, and who demonstrates initiative. Previous relevant experience would be advantageous.
You will be required to:
• Manufacture and repair prototype production units and purpose-built vehicle bodies, and install, repair and replace the interior trim of vehicles
• Constructing framework sections in metal, wood, fibreglass and other materials using shaping machines and cutting and welding equipment bolting, screwing, riveting and welding sections together to form complete frameworks.
• Cutting and shaping panels of sheet metal, aluminium and reinforced plastic and attaching to frameworks using hand and power tools.
• Modifying assembly line vehicles to special requirements.
• Preparing new vehicle trim work according to drawings and sketches, and removing old coverings and fittings from vehicles and taking new measurements.
• Selecting and cutting pieces of fabric, vinyl and leather and sewing pieces together using heavy-duty sewing machines.
• Installing internal trim in vehicles such as lining, floor coverings and armrests attaching door trims, rubber seals, locks and handles.
We are a dynamic company and for the right candidate we offer competitive remuneration, on-going training, a clean and tidy workshop, friendly work environment and a great team of skilled, experienced and like-minded people to work with.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Full Time, Contract/Temp
Hours of work:
Hours are variable
Christchurch City, Selwyn