We have multiple positions available for fabricator/welders to join our great team.
We are seeking applications from people with relevant work experience to assist in the engineering and assembly of coaches and special vehicles. Ideally you will have a proven work history in a similar position, and experience within a manufacturing environment.
Specific tasks include:
Fitting of all new parts to busses and testing under supervision off the engineering manager.
• To assist with welding parts onto vehicle.
• To cut steel to length as per plan. Studying blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements.
• Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments.
• To read plans and build as per specs.
• To involve in other projects as advised by the Engineering Manager and other senior management.
• Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting riveting.
• Carry out other duties as directed
What we are looking for:
• Possess an eye for detail, be able to use your initiative and be proactive in the workplace
• Be methodical and practical in your approach to work
• Have the ability to take direction and pick up new task concepts
• Be highly motivated, results oriented and a self-starter
• Be able to work unsupervised to exact and high standards
• Possess excellent communication skills.
• Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment with a high level of housekeeping to ensure the work space is safe, clean and tidy at all times.
For the right candidate we offer competitive remuneration, on-going training, a clean and tidy workshop, friendly work environment and a great team of skilled, experienced and like-minded people to work with.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you believe you meet the above requirements please apply!
Full Time, Contract/Temp
Hours of work:
Hours are variable
Christchurch City, Selwyn
$18.90 - $25.00 per hour