• Daily Tasks Involved in the role: Liaise with ISPs to troubleshoot and correct connectivity issues.
• Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing of peripherals like controllers, Routers, Modems, switches and UPS equipment’s
• IP configuration, installation & troubleshooting of Optical Network Terminal on customer premises
• Use of tools and software to test Optical Network Terminal (ONT) status like optical power level, Optical Network Terminal (ONT) to Residential Gateway (RGW) connectivity.
• Implementing Computer Networks, Installing, configuring and testing of Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and Fibre Terminal Point (FTP) for Ultra-fast Fibre broadband
. • Installing CAT5,CAT6 networking and connecting to the modem, Router to provide residential customers access to Ultrafast Fibre broadband internet.
• Installing fibre networks in homes, businesses, network sites and testing for optical losses
. • Locating faults in telecommunications equipment using test instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, power meter, visual fault locator etc
• Splicing fibre and integrating with copper network
. • Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings
• Liaising with residential and business customers to complete scoping and seek consents
. • Use of different network access topologies to deploy next generation access(NGA) network
• Ensure that networks performs at optimum levels and optimise configuration settings where necessary.
• Managing job queues from start to completion to meet agreed service level agreements (SLA)
• Managing appropriate stock inventories • Work in a safe manner to self, customers, network and environment
Hours of work: