Registered Nurse/Agent of Change - Kaimahi Hau Ora WhakarerekÄ“tia (TURANGI Based)
High and Complex Needs Residential Rehabilitation
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), rostered shifts
This residential service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, Lakes District
E ngÄÂ mana, e ngÄÂ reo, Rangatira ma, tenei te panui ake I tenei Turanga, kua tu wÄÂtea mai hei kaimahi mo Ember Korowai Takitini.
“Ehara taku toa, I te toa takitahi engari I toa takitini” ‘My strength is not that of a single warrior but that of many.’
Sick of thinking back to when you were going to change the world?
Tired of spending more time on bureaucracy than creative ways of helping people?
Experienced nurse looking for a chance to do real therapeutic work or newly graduated and wanting to figure out how to make the most impact?
Looking for a place where you can actually apply your nursing training, specialty skills and whatever it is that makes you amazing?
Ko pai tÄ“nÄ“i mahi? Nau mai piki mai, haere mai! If the answer is yes, then this might be the job for you!
Ember is an amazing organisation helping those in need to dream bigger and bulldoze the obstacles that stand in the way of them and their best life. We do this by thinking outside of the box, adopting the whole is better than the sum of its parts approach and by making sure we always live up to our principles and values.
We have 38 unique services spanning from Kaitaia to Taupo where we help people with mental distress, addictions and/or intellectual disability discover their path in life and to develop whatever skills and supports they need to travel it.
The most important part of this recipe are our staff. So, we make sure to take care of them with supervision, training and supportive management to make sure they become the best practitioners they can.
Ratonga Mahi - The Service
We’re absolutely over the moon to be opening a brand new High and Complex needs Residential service in the Lakes region. This means we can start with a blank canvas and paint a beautiful culture draped in fresh new ideas and soaked in a ‘we can do anything mentality’!
We opened the first half of the service in Rotorua in February this year and are forming a team of talented and awe-inspiring practitioners to make our vision a reality.
We are currently looking for registered nurses to fill fulltime positions on a rotating roster and be part of something special.
Ko ngÄÂ pukenga kia eke ai koe i tÄ“nei tÅ«ranga. In addition to the paper qualification we’re looking for those with:
• Kia Kotahitanga tatou – he tangata, he tangata, he tangata. Client-centered, recovery-focused approach. You must unwaveringly believe in people’s ability to progress no matter the obstacles.
• Koinga te mahi whÄÂnau, hapu, Iwi i nga wÄÂ katoa - A zest for working with whÄÂnau, other agencies and people from all different cultures.
• He pukenga ÅÂhou ki te whakahonohono tÄÂngata me te whakawhitiwhiti korero rerekÄ“. Balance between having the ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things.
• He ngakau harikoa me ÄÂronga hÄÂtekÄ“hi. A great sense of humor and likes to be in a quirky environment.
• Kahahihiri tÅÂu mahi ora, mahi pai. Dynamic, loves change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
• Me taunakitanga. A full Driver’s License and a Current Annual Practicing Certificate
• He tino pai koe e mahi ana Roro hiko. Know your way around a computer and preferably Microsoft programmes
• MÄÂtauranga hau ora Hinengaro, kaupapa MÄÂori me nga tauira hohou rongo. Knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches (e.g. cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation), experience working with co-occurring addictions and/or cognitive difficulties and knowledge of MÄÂori health approaches would be greatly welcomed.
• Kanui te whÄÂkamana a Tangata Motuhake me Tangata Hiwaora. Lived experience of recovery would also be seen as a huge strength.
For more information about this job, please contact: Peti Deed, General Manager, on 027 700 2608
Closing Date: Monday, 2nd August 2021 at 12:00pm
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
1. Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
2. Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
3. Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
• Why are you interested in this position?
• What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4. Email all of the above to email@example.com
Full Time, Permanent
Hours of work:
$25.00 - $30.00 per hour