Assist in the management of the day-to-day operation of Hotel with special focus on Front Office, Telephones, Portering and Night Audit functions. Ensuring that service standards are maintained in these areas, profitability maximised and customer’s needs met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
· Assist in the management of the hotel Front-Office operation to achieve a reputation as a market leader in individualised customer focused service in the hotel locality.
· Assist in the running of and actively participate in weekly Front Office meetings respecting the confidentiality of issues, which may be discussed formally or informally.
· Effective supervision of all guest arrivals and departures ensuring that room allocations and check in/check out processes follow set procedures and are customer focused.
· Full utilisation of the Front Office system ensuring accuracy in use and a range of accurate reports to meet operational needs are produced.
· Assist in the management of lobby services including car parking and portering, ensuring guest arrivals and departures are as efficient as possible.
· Proactively promote, and achieve LeClub, and medellia targets, ensuring that Retroclaims for LeClub are minimised
· Assist in the operation of an effective night audit function. Accuracy of this daily function being paramount while maintaining customer focus.
· Ensure public areas are clean and well presented with regular monitoring.
· Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that enquiries from the media are only responded to by the nominated spokesperson
· Strive to implement the Accor Vision and demonstrate active use of Accor Values.
· Establish on-going On Job Training within the department to meet brand and service standards. Use department procedure manuals as a base for all service procedures and training.
· Induct new staff into the team, department and hotel in the first week of their employment using the orientation checklist.
· Openly communicate with staff ensuring regular briefings occur with all relevant information passed onto staff.
· Delegate duties so all aspects of the shift are covered, ensure concise handover to the next shift.
· Manage staff within guidelines outlined in the Accor Employee handbook and Hotel fact-sheet.
Any other reasonable request as required by Hotel Management.
Work Experience & Skills
Full Time (Minimum 40 hours) · Successful candidates will be offered varying days each week. · Previous Front Office experience at supervisory level is essential · Leadership capability · Current GM Certificate or able to obtain · Full Drivers Licence able to drive manual and automatic. · NZ citizen, permanent resident or hold a current and valid work visa/permit
Staff meals while on duty
Uniform provided & laundered
Accommodation discounts & Free Anniversary Stay
Discounted benefits throughout Accor
Staff celebration & tenure recognition
Bring your mate to work – program
Employee Assistance Program
Fantastic career growth opportunities
Hours of work:
$20.00 - $25.00 per hour